What is an "outcross cat"?
For the purposes of this list, we will define an "outcross cat", as a cat that meets at least one of the following criteria:
- 50% or less of the top five cats (average 65-70%) or
- 35% or less of the top three cats (average 50-55%) or
- 25% or less of the top two cats (average 35-40%) or
- 20% or less of the clones (average 30-35%)
For information on particular cats please contact the individuals below directly. We do not keep current information on every cat these catteries are working with. You can also search the Maine Coon Database: www.pawpeds.com for pedigrees of these catteries.
If you can suggest additions to this list, we would love to hear from you.
Criteria for being listed
In order to meet the criteria set to be an "outcross cattery", you must:
- Own 2 or more outcross breeding cats (for the definition of outcross, see above) OR
- At least 50% of your breeding cats must be outcross cats.
- You must have produced at least one outcross litter within the last two years.
- Your breeding program also must include the provision to produce more offspring to meet the outcross criteria.
To be listed as "outcross cattery" please send us information on all your breeding cats that meet the criteria and copy of the pedigrees of the produced outcross litters. This can be done by filling out this .
PawPeds has the right to refuse or remove a cattery from this listing without any further notification.