General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The new European GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), which comes into effect on May 25 2018, is a new privacy legislation and is designed to better protect your personal data. PawPeds would like to inform you that we take our data privacy responsibilities very seriously. We would like you to feel confident about how we handle your personal data. We do not sell or in any other way transfer your registered personal data to third parties.
How do we use your personal data?
PawPeds stores your personal data in order to be able to keep in touch and to communicate about health screening related information, educational courses, feline research collaborations, and for accounts to our public services like the online databases. Only the personal data needed for a particular purpose is processed.
What personal data do we collect?
The most common reasons for collecting personal data is that your cat has carried out a health screening within one of the PawPeds administered health programs, that you wish to participate in one of the PawAcademy courses, or that you have contacted PawPeds for some other reason, for example creating an account to our online services.
Most of this information will be collected directly from you based on information you provide on health forms or through application to courses. What personal data we process depends on the information we need. The following information is often necessary:
- Contact information such as your name, address, phone number and email.
- Bank or other financial information in order to refund a payment or send an invoice.
- Personal data that has been collected within the framework of participation in a research study.
- Study results or other information regarding your studies at PawAcademy.
- Information on how to use our websites, for example cookies, which are used to improve user-friendliness.
- Information for course participants.
- Personal data which is necessary for contact as listed as a health program specialist, if you have applied for that.
How is your personal data protected and who can access it?
Only people within the PawPeds administration processing your personal data have access to it. Third parties will not get access to your personal data, unless you give explicit permission for it. Invites to research studies will always be sent out by PawPeds administration, never by the third party researcher. When registered data from the health program is extracted for research purposes, that data do not contain personal data that can be tracked back to the owner of the cat.
For how long do we store your personal data?
PawPeds only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose of the processing.
- If, for example, you are a PawAcademy student, we process your personal data as long as you are enrolled to a course or stand in queue to be accepted for one.
- If you are a veterinary specialist within the health programs, a veterinary specialist applying to the health programs, or a PawPeds administrator, we process your personal data for as long as we have a joint or potential cooperation.
- If you screen a cat within the PawPeds health programs, we process your personal data for as long as it is necessary to ensure the quality of the registration and research.